Consistently recognized for meeting strict deadlines, a strong work ethic, creative problem solving, management and leadership skills. Constant effort to maintain a professional and high quality product, especially where visible to the public. Clients include: HBO, Bloomberg, Citi, Northern Trust, Prudential, Sears, State Street, and CIO.com.
- High-quality front-end development for interactive web sites and applications.
- Modular, scalable, robust code optimized for performance and reusability with web standards, best practices, and OOP/MVC considerations.
- Performance optimization, progressive enhancement, usability, and accessibility.
- Managing and mentoring of large teams of presentation layer experts in conjunction with middle tier/back-end developers, project management, user experience, quality assurance, and functional design teams.
- Thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and workarounds.
- Able to develop within various frameworks and languages on Windows and Unix/Linux environments.
- Various tools including SASS/Less pre-processors, WordPress, Git-Hub, and social APIs.
- Adept at writing SQL and integrating with databases, including Oracle and MySql.
- Able to quickly set up web and application servers including Apache HTTP Server/Tomcat and WAMP/XAMPP.
Bloomberg LP – Consultant (since Oct. 2015)
Launched February 2016: Bloomberg's first product entry into the highly competitive Know Your Customer (KYC) utility space.
Responsible for editing HTML in ReactJS templates and extending and customizing a Bootstrap/Less framework.
HBO – Consultant (Aug. 2012 – Oct. 2015)
America's most successful premium television company.
Launch TBD: shop.hbo.com Responsive web site displays customized world map and links to HBO retail shops worldwide on all popular desktop and mobile devices.
Launched April 2014: talk.hbo.com Re-skinned desktop and mobile forum site hosted by Lithium and single sign-on process. Applied styles to server-rendered Freemarker pages using, almost exclusively, an external SCSS/CSS file.
Launched November 2013: a mobile version (currently iPad only) of HBO.com.
Launched April 2013: a Xbox second-screen experience for the "Game of Thrones" season three.
Roundarch – Lead Interactive Developer (Oct. 2006 – Oct. 2012)
Designs and implements portal, content management, and integration solutions for some of the world's largest public and private organizations. Specializing in web experiences, rich web and mobile applications, digital marketing campaigns and more.
Typical tasks include the architecting of large-scale CSS structures and HTML markup, leading teams of 4-8 developers in "styling" web applications, scoping and assignment of tasks, oversight and review of team members, and recruitment.
Clients include: Bloomberg Law (Flex and RoR applications), Bloomberg Sports, Citi, Northern Trust, Prudential, US Army, CIO.com, Sears, Amex, Northern Trust, Mastercard, Starwood, Avis, and State Street
TheStreet.com – Content Management Developer (Oct. 2000 – Oct. 2006)
Subscription based financial news website with content published in numerous formats including several web sites, PDFs, text/XML feeds, text/HTML e-mails.
Designed graphical user interface used throughout proprietary publishing system, customer service application, and other tools.
US Interactive– Software Engineer (March 2000 – October 2000)
Java, XML, Tcl, Story Server, Rational Process, ColdFusion
Includes some self-designed and promoted small business web sites and well as screen-shots showing finished pages found on several restricted corporate web sites.
(1981 – present) Professional musician – double bass/electric bass. Master of Arts: Double Bass – Manhattan School of Music
(1981 – present) Private instruction, all instruments and voice. Bachelor of Science: Music Education – West Chester University of Pennsylvania
(1981 – 1988) Public school music educator – Virginia and Germany